Digital Creative Designer
Strictly no recruiters
Role: Digital Creative Designer
Location: Leeds (Flexible Hybrid/Remote Working – UK Applicants only)
Salary: £28,000 – £37,000
Parallax is a digital transformation company with innovation at its core. We solve complex problems and build leading digital products for local and national SMEs, international clients and blue-chip corporations.
We take ideas and transform them into opportunities, using cutting-edge user experience design, technical innovation and our passion for digital excellence. We don’t shy away from projects that seem too out of reach, unachievable or even impossible. We welcome the challenge and deliver the success.
We’re always challenging the norm and understand the risks of the latest and greatest and know how to deliver large digital projects at the forefront of technical possibility with a balanced approach to risk mitigation. Our clients trust us to deliver a transformative user experience married with technical excellence across a broad range of projects and industry sectors.
Our team features some of the most talented minds in the industry. We work hard to stay on top of the newest innovations and always strive to be the very best at what we do.
You’ll need to hit the ground running, so you should be able to demonstrate an ability to turn a concept into a finished article.
You’re super passionate about doing great work and getting others excited about it.
We’re on the lookout for someone with a portfolio full of polish and a love for creative problem solving who can work both individually and as part of a team.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Design, we’re looking for a super talented Digital Creative Designer who knows how to make a brand stand out in the digital landscape.
At Parallax, we transform our clients’ brands visually so that they resonate with customers and are seen as market leaders. This means we get under the hood, understand why they exist, how they want to be perceived and discover the values that make them who they are so we craft brands with meaning and purpose.
This is a wide-ranging and varied role, allowing you to flex your creativity across a range of different creative projects. You’ll work closely with designers and other stakeholders on branding concepts, identity design, guidelines, presentations, UI designs, storyboards and asset production both still and motion-led.
Some of your responsibilities in the role will be:
- A collaborative approach, working closely with the team to interpret, develop, and implement first-class, on-brand creative from briefs supplied by partners across all levels.
- Respond to creative briefs, bringing ideas to life through design concepts, mock-ups and storyboards, then turning them into stunning visual designs.
- Building out brand libraries, templates and resources as well as creating and maintaining digital design systems.
- Designing for multichannel campaigns, overseeing projects from development to launch, with a strong understanding of identity and content performance.
- Take a proactive role in developing and enhancing our own company brand.
Skills & Experience
- Good working knowledge of design software including Figma and Adobe Creative cloud.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Experienced in typography, layout and composition.
- Display a learning mentality, keep track of industry trends, and have a constant desire to improve your skills and learn from the experience of the wider team.
- Have the ability to work directly from brand guidelines or revive them so they’re fit for purpose.
We’ve created a warm, welcoming & caring environment where everyone is challenged yet supported in their roles. We don’t pretend to know everything and are always open to good ideas – you really can make a difference here.
- Flexible Hybrid/Remote Working – Not a morning person? Not a problem. Work also needs to work for you, which is why we offer flexible start times and the opportunity to work remotely
- Top-tier healthcare – There’s nothing more important. We offer free top-tier Bupa Healthcare to everyone who works with us because health is something that shouldn’t be compromised.
- Mental wellbeing – We don’t just offer mental health care, we encourage it & ensure our staff are well supported. We make sure a number of our staff are mental health first aid trained – we always put health first, it’s a Parallax priority.
- Top-notch technology – We all love a Nokia 3310, but there’s a time and a place. To create great things, you’ve got to be backed by great technology. In the office or remote, we’ll make sure you’re equipped to create!
- Equality, diversity & inclusivity committee – We actively encourage our employees to help us shape the way we work and grow.
- Social butterflies – What can we say… we’re a social bunch. Team lunches, beers on a Friday, team events and the odd office Mario Kart battle, we’re always up for a social! We have a social committee who are always looking for new ideas and fun things we can do as a team
- Opportunity to grow – A personalised progression route is clear from day dot. We host bi-weekly 1:1s, paid training days and quarterly hack days so, the sky’s the limit.
- Company Bonus Scheme – Your contributions won’t go unnoticed and everyone shares in the profits pot equally, with no one missing out when we hit the company targets
- Matched pension – you pay into it, and we match your contribution on top of your normal salary
- Great working conditions with a relaxed and fun atmosphere
- Forward-thinking company with a positive attitude and outlook
- The chance to have a tangible effect on how the company progresses and grows
- Running, bouldering, 5-a-side, bake-off, lino printing – It all goes on here!
- Xbox One, WiiU, Switch
- 2 streaming services on us – whether you’re a Netflix binge-watcher or Spotify music maestro, we’ll cover the cost of these each month