Internet of Things Project Manager
This role is ideally suited to someone who has a grasp of IoT in general and experience experimenting with hardware to get it to work properly. If you enjoy playing with things like Arduino/Raspberry Pi, have good interpersonal and organisational skills and love getting projects shipped and taking ownership of solving problems this role would be ideal for you.
Strictly no recruiters
Location: Leeds, hybrid 1-2 days/week in the office, otherwise remote (if you want to!)
Salary: £27k – £32k
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box on this job ad. We’ll teach you, you just need a thirst for knowledge.
We’ve been working on Internet of Things projects for a number of years. We’ve built things like the first Enterprise Car Club app that let you unlock the doors of their rental cars from your phone, a digital signage platform for British Airways and we’ve been working with an increasing number of both private and public organisations on their IoT projects across things like street lighting, pedestrian monitoring, river level sensing and air quality management.
IoT projects tend to be complicated by the fact that devices being connected don’t tend to be in one place for very long and this role is representative of this. You could be sat in the office one day helping to debug some firmware on a sensor and spend the next day on-site managing contractors doing an installation.
This role is ideally suited to someone who has a grasp of IoT in general and experience hacking around with hardware to get it to work properly. If you enjoy playing with things like Arduino/Raspberry Pi, have good interpersonal and organisational skills and love getting projects shipped and taking ownership of solving problems this role would be ideal for you.
You may not necessarily be a developer (although some development experience is a bonus!) but you’ll have a good grasp of things like networking and how the Internet in general works.
Skills & Qualities
You must have…
- A technical background/interest
- A passion for delivering outstanding work and a natural drive for quality
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- A strong command of time and budget management
- A driving license without too many points
It would be a bonus if you had…
- Some development/IT skills
- An outgoing nature, comfortable and confident around different people
As a team of highly resourceful and talented individuals, we’ve developed a reputation for using creativity and cutting-edge technology to develop functional and striking work. Our rapid growth over the past few years is credited entirely to our staff – we want you to help us work on even bigger, more exciting projects with our existing and future clients. We love the internet and the positive impact it can have on people.
We describe ourselves as a digital innovation agency capable of delivering high-spec websites, web and mobile apps as well as IoT solutions and everything in-between, with a high number of reputable brands as customers.
We’ve created a warm, welcoming environment where everyone is challenged and supported in their roles. We don’t pretend to know everything and are always open to good ideas – you really can make a difference here.
Day to day, you’ll be:
- Managing projects, usually on an agile basis, from inception to completion
- Developing comprehensive project plans, which allow you to deliver against the scope, budget and timeline agreed
- Planning and monitoring resources to effectively service them
- Monitor project progress, providing useful feedback and updates to clients and internal team members
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements
- Developing strategic and commercial insight
- Managing client expectations
- Getting your hands dirty (occasionally literally, that bin sensor install was a bit icky but we do provide gloves)
You’ll be good at and enjoy:
- Getting the most out of a project team through effective planning and management
- Gaining technical and commercial awareness and understanding of how our clients’ businesses operate so you can get under the skin and make them better
- Company bonus scheme
- Bupa Select – top tier healthcare
- Flexible working hours
- Partial remote working
- Social committee
- Equality, diversity & inclusivity committee
- Running, bouldering, 5-a-side clubs
- Charity events
- High spec MacBook Pro with external display(s)
- Matched pension – you pay into it, we match your contribution on top of your normal salary
- Great working conditions with a relaxed and fun atmosphere
- Forward thinking company with a positive attitude
- The chance to have a tangible effect on how the company progresses and grows
- Given the responsibility to work independently
- City centre office with good transport links & great local amenities
- Free office bar
- Xbox One, WiiU
Also, pick two streaming services on us.