QA / Tester
No recruiters please
Location: Leeds City Centre (UK applicants only)
Salary: £30k – £40k
Experience: 1+ years testing, 1+ years development
We’re looking for a like-minded, talented and highly skilled individual to review and analyse specifications, execute test scripts, review results & report and document technical issues. The role will involve defining and executing functional testing, cross-browser and device compatibility testing, load testing, on-site SEO analysis, performance & accessibility checks.
You’ll be responsible for managing the quality of Parallax’s output across a broad range of projects including websites, web applications, mobile applications, microsites and campaign websites. This role is key to ensuring we are providing the very best service and value to our clients, whilst also operating efficiently.
Whilst it is not vital that you know how to code, it would certainly be of benefit, as you may be required to read, understand and occasionally write code to suggest improvements.
- Proven experience as a Quality Assurance Tester or similar role
- Experience in project management and QA methodology
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Working knowledge of test management software
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience working with Front-end tools & techniques
- Experience with Automated Testing
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing
- Appreciation of the importance of accessibility & performance on the web
- Experience integrating with server-side code, such as PHP, to produce dynamic pages (we’re predominantly Laravel-based)
- Experience with SQL
- Monitoring quality & technical approach
- Functional testing
- Browser and device testing
- On-site SEO checks
- Performance testing & fixes
- Accessibility testing & fixes
You will work closely with our Delivery team and report directly to the Head of Delivery.
Interviews are followed by a trial day at the office (during the COVID-19 outbreak alternative arrangements will be made), where you will be required to showcase your technical capability, demonstrable experience and ability to integrate into our team.
Our recent builds:
Leeds Bradford Airport
View case study
Parallax is a Leeds-based digital transformation agency with a client-base of local and national SMEs, international clients and blue-chip corporations.
We cover a lot of areas but our main focus is to design and build excellent websites and applications. Our other services include digital strategy, branding, content, internet marketing and social media.
We’re always open to new ideas and have a history of helping our clients achieve success in the online world and beyond.
- Bupa Select – top tier healthcare
- Flexible working hours
- Partial remote working
- High spec 27” iMac or MacBook Pro with external display(s)
- Matched pension – you pay into it, we match your contribution on top of your normal salary
- Opportunity to grow and time to develop new skills
- Great working conditions with a relaxed and fun atmosphere
- Forward thinking company with a positive attitude
- The chance to have a tangible effect on how the company progresses and grows
- Given the responsibility to work independently
- City centre office with good transport links & great local amenities
- Company meals & events
- Free office bar
- Xbox One, WiiU
Also, pick two streaming services on us.