Head of Front-end
Location: Leeds City Centre (UK applicants only)
Salary: £45k – £60k
Experience: 5+ years development, 1+ years management
We’re looking for a like-minded, talented and highly skilled individual to lead and manage our multi-disciplined team of talented front-end & software developers. You’ll be supporting them in continuing to build award-winning, industry-leading work.
You’ll be responsible for the quality and technical approach taken by team members, ensuring it is in-line with the company strategy – and that your team’s projects are delivered on time and on budget.
It’ll be important to maintain a professional culture within the team, where individuals take ownership, are fastidious and proud of delivering excellence and quality.
The ideal candidate should be able to write clean, reusable code, and be keen to expand their skill set within a company that has been enjoying rapid growth and grown a reputation for producing excellent and engaging work for the world’s biggest brands.
You will need at least 5 years of development experience, and a year of managing a team under your belt.
- Good listener
- Good written skills
- Strong knowledge of:
- Writing semantic, accessible HTML
- CSS (Flexbox, Grid, media queries, feature queries etc.)
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Experience using:
- Build tools (webpack, Gulp, Parcel etc.)
- Version control systems such as Git
- Package managers (yarn, npm, composer etc.)
- Sketch / Affinity / Photoshop
- Awareness of the utility-first approach to writing CSS
- Excitement about emerging web technologies (Service workers, PWAs, Houdini etc.)
- Experience working with content management systems
- Experience working with Tailwind CSS
- Experience working with Statamic CMS
- Appreciation of the importance of accessibility & performance on the web
- Experience integrating with server-side code, such as PHP, to produce dynamic pages (we’re predominantly Laravel-based)
- Experience writing mobile applications
- Monitoring quality & technical approach
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Running biweekly 1:1s with your team and managing their progression
- Running weekly Work in Progress (WIP) meetings and producing a report
- Running regular Front-end catch ups with the team
- Monitoring your team’s timesheets
- Contributing towards a quarterly team roundup
- Consulting and contributing towards wider business strategy
You will report directly to the Technical Directors and have six direct reports, two of which are remote workers.
Interviews are followed by a trial day at the office (during the COVID-19 outbreak alternative arrangements will be made), where you will be required to showcase your technical capability, demonstrable experience and ability to integrate into our team.
Our recent builds:
Leeds Bradford Airport
View case study
Parallax is a Leeds-based digital transformation agency with a client-base of local and national SMEs, international clients and blue-chip corporations.
We cover a lot of areas but our main focus is to design and build excellent websites and applications. Our other services include digital strategy, branding, content, internet marketing and social media.
We’re always open to new ideas and have a history of helping our clients achieve success in the online world and beyond.
- Bupa Select – top tier healthcare
- Flexible working hours
- Partial remote working
- High spec 27” iMac or MacBook Pro with external display(s)
- Matched pension – you pay into it, we match your contribution on top of your normal salary
- Opportunity to grow and time to develop new skills
- Great working conditions with a relaxed and fun atmosphere
- Forward thinking company with a positive attitude
- The chance to have a tangible effect on how the company progresses and grows
- Given the responsibility to work independently
- City centre office with good transport links & great local amenities
- Company meals & events
- Free office bar
- Xbox One, WiiU
Also, pick two streaming services on us.