Social Media Specialist (Paid & Organic)
Social media is a vital, fast-moving part of the marketing mix, giving businesses unprecedented access to huge audiences. But with so much competition for attention, brands need to adopt a combination of exceptional creativity and absolute precision. This is where you come in.
Position: Social Media Specialist (Paid & Organic)
Location: Leeds City Centre
Hours: 37.5/week (flexitime)
Strictly no recruiters.
We’re looking for a talented Social Media Specialist to join the Parallax team. The role is ideal for someone looking to work with a variety of B2B and B2C clients. You’ll be joining our digital marketing team to collaborate on exciting, award-winning projects, as well as our own internal digital strategy.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you’ll be communicating regularly with our design and development teams to bring your campaigns to life. We’re looking for someone keen to apply their knowledge, help win new business and deliver results for our clients. It’s a fantastic opportunity to build on your current grounding and take your knowledge and skills to the next level.
Day to day, you’ll be…
- Developing paid social strategies to match specific objectives for a number of diverse and exciting B2B and B2C brands
- Writing punchy, exciting ad copy to maximise engagement and ensure brand continuity
- Using Facebook Business Manager to build, manage and optimise large-scale, effectively-targeted advertising campaigns
- Taking client data to build relevant audiences that convert into followers or customers
- Managing campaigns end to end, from initial research through to concepts, development, execution, reporting and analysis
- Ensuring live campaigns are always performing efficiently and effectively, then making recommendations and tweaking when necessary
- Creating and managing social content calendars that feed into wider business strategies
- Keeping up-to-date with competitor social activity and benchmarking against them
- Managing different sized advertising budgets and adapting strategies based on spend
- Generating content marketing ideas as part of team brainstorms for pitching to new and existing clients
- Analysing paid social campaign performance and reporting your findings in useful, easy-to-digest ways
- Briefing designers on your own creative ideas for social campaign assets
- Overseeing organic content creation for different social channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat
- Creating original content for our own in-house marketing strategy and upholding the agency’s reputation by projecting a coherent image
- Working within the marketing team alongside the Content Specialist, Outreach Specialist, Head of Marketing and Client Services Team to ensure all paid social activity falls in line with the wider digital marketing strategy
- Managing client expectations and delivering projects to deadline
You must have a proven track record of managing social media advertising campaigns and a natural ability for thinking creatively. You must be familiar with using a wide range of social channels, understanding the pros and cons of each. As well as using your imagination, you’ll also need to feel at home analysing data and using fresh information to refine strategies and report your results.
As you’ll be involved in developing adverts from scratch, you’ll need to be comfortable working through client requirements to gain a deeper understanding of their business. You’ll also need a firm grasp of how online advertising and social media can be used to contribute to brand awareness and generate solid returns on investment.
You must have…
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a paid social role, with an in-depth familiarity of Facebook Business Manager
- A proven track record of managing high profile work
- Strong creative copywriting skills and a talent for making things sound exciting and on-brand
- Experience with large-scale brand awareness campaigns
- A thorough understanding of social media, social platforms and how paid social drives trackable results through ad campaigns
- The ability to estimate and quote costs for individual paid social campaigns
- A talent for making sense of data and generating easy-to-digest reports
- The ability to think on your feet, generate original ideas and pitch them to clients
- An inclination for keeping up with trends and carrying out market research
- Good organisational skills and the ability to meet targets and deadlines
- A deep curiosity about all things digital and a creative mind to back it up
It would be a bonus if you had…
- Experience working within a fast-moving agency
- An outgoing nature, comfortable and confident around different people
- A degree in Communications, Business or Marketing (or similar)
- Basic Photoshop skills (for editing assets on the go) or photography skills (for taking nice snaps)
As a team of highly resourceful and talented individuals, we’ve developed a reputation for using creativity and cutting-edge technology to develop functional and striking work. Our rapid growth over the past few years is credited entirely to our staff – we want you to help us work on even bigger, more exciting projects with our existing and future clients.
We describe ourselves as a full-service digital agency capable of delivering high-spec websites and applications, with a high number of reputable brands who require regular content creation, search engine optimisation, campaign execution, social media management and strategic thinking.
We’ve created a warm, welcoming environment where everyone is challenged yet supported in their roles. We don’t pretend to know everything and are always open to good ideas – you really can make a difference here. Becoming the leading Social Specialist in a team which is continuing to grow will bring you fantastic opportunities to apply your experience and reap the results.
Perks & Benefits
- Flexi-time. Feel free to start any time between 8-11am
- Great working conditions with a relaxed and fun atmosphere
- “Buy the best” policy. No working on a slow computer or using out of date tools to do your job, mostly work on top end iMac’s with an external monitor
- Vending machine with free beer and cider
- Office FIFA and Mario Kart competitions
- Company meals, parties and team events
- Pension scheme
- Bike scheme
- Young, forward-thinking company with a positive attitude
We look after our staff – more so, we think, than most other employers. If you want to be somewhere you can work to the best of your ability and be supported by a company that cares, this is the job for you.