Front-end Web Developer
Parallax is a digital agency. We’re growing quickly and need to expand our team to meet the ever increasing demand for websites, web apps, iPhone apps and other exciting projects.
Location: Leeds City Centre (UK applicants only)
Salary: Competitive, based on experience and skill set
Experience: 3+ years
We’re looking for a bright, motivated, hard-working front-end web developer.
You’ll be working with like-minded, sociable individuals who love creating things for the web in an awesome environment – somewhere that people genuinely love working.
The ideal candidate should be able to write clean, reusable code, and be keen to expand their skillset within a company that has been enjoying rapid growth for the past five years.
For this role you’ll need at least 3 years experience, and the ability to showcase your technical capability, demonstrable experience and ability to integrate into our team well on a trial day.
- Strong knowledge of:
- Writing semantic, accessible HTML
- CSS (Flexbox, Grid, media queries, feature queries etc.)
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Experience using:
- Build tools (webpack, Gulp, Parcel etc.)
- Version control systems such as Git
- Package managers (yarn, npm, composer etc.)
- A good understanding of Sketch / Photoshop
- Excitement about emerging web technologies (service workers, PWAs, Houdini etc.)
- Awareness of the utility-first approach to writing CSS (Tailwind etc.)
- Appreciation of the importance of accessibility & performance on the web
- Experience with React / Vue / Svelte / Angular
- Experience integrating with server-side code, such as PHP, to produce dynamic pages
Our recent builds:
Leeds Bradford Airport
View case study
GoodBoy – All Dogs New Tricks Campaign
View campaign site
Parallax is a Leeds-based digital agency with a client-base of local and national SMEs, international clients and blue-chip corporations.
As a digital media agency, we cover a lot of areas but our main focus is to design and build excellent websites and applications. Our other services include digital strategy, branding, content, internet marketing and social media.
We’re always open to new ideas and have a history of helping our clients achieve success in the online world and beyond.
- Flexible working hours
- High spec 27” iMac or MacBook Pro with external display
- Matched pension – you pay into it, we match your contribution on top of your normal salary
- Opportunity to grow and time to develop new skills
- Great working conditions with a relaxed and fun atmosphere
- Young, forward thinking company with a positive attitude
- The chance to actually have a tangible effect on how the company progresses and grows
- Given the responsibility to work independently
- City centre office with good transport links & great local amenities
- Company meals & events
- Free office bar
- Xbox One, WiiU