Front-end Web Developer
Parallax is a digital agency. We’re growing quickly and need to expand our team to meet the ever increasing demand for websites, web apps, iPhone apps and other exciting projects.
Location: Leeds City Centre (UK applicants only)
Salary: No limit, based on experience and skill set
We’re looking for a bright, motivated, hard-working front-end web developer.
You’ll be working with like-minded, sociable individuals who love creating things for the web in an awesome environment – somewhere that people genuinely love working.
The ideal candidate should be able to write clean, reusable code, and be keen to expand their skillset within a company that has been enjoying rapid growth for the past five years.
We won’t count the number of years experience you have. We will judge you on your technical capability, demonstrable experience and ability to integrate into our team well on a trial day.
- Strong HTML5, CSS3 knowledge
- Strong cross-browser compatibility work
- Experience integrating with server-side code (such as PHP) to produce dynamic pages
- Experience with Responsive Web Design
- Experience chopping up designs in Sketch / Photoshop / Fireworks
- Excitement about emerging web technologies
- Experience using CSS a pre-processor such as SASS, post-processor such as PostCSS
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility
- Experience working with version control systems such as Git, SVN
- Experience with AJAX
- Knowledge of HTML Email best practice
- Experience with React.js
Developer processes, tools and libraries:
- Git repo for every project
- Gulp, Webpack
- Composer, npm
- SCSS, PostCSS, CSS/TailwindCSS
- Laravel, CakePHP
- Babel & Backbone
- Integrated bug tracking & build management
- Framework agnostic custom CMS – Expose
Our recent website builds:
The Sunday Times Short Story Awards
Parallax is a Leeds-based digital agency with a client-base of local and national SMEs, international clients and blue-chip corporations.
As a digital media agency we cover a lot of areas but our main focus is to design and build excellent websites and applications. Our other services include digital strategy, branding, content, internet marketing and social media.
We also have a few web apps of our own that we want to develop and launch – we think these are game changing.
We’re always open to new ideas and have a history of helping our clients achieve success in the online world and beyond.
- Flexible working hours
- High spec 27” iMac
- Matched pension – you pay into it, we match your contribution on top of your normal salary.
- Opportunity to grow and time to develop new skills
- Great working conditions with a relaxed and fun atmosphere
- Young forward thinking company with a positive attitude
- The chance to actually have a tangible effect on how the company progresses and grows
- Given the responsibility to work independently
- City Centre office with good transport links & great local amenities
- Company meals & events.
- Free office bar
- Organised sports teams
- Xbox One, WiiU
Joel Test score 11.5 / 12:
Do we use source control? Yes
Can we make a build in one step? Yes
Do we make daily builds? Yes
Do we have a bug database? Yes
Do we fix bugs before writing new code? Yes
Do we have an up-to-date schedule? Yes
Do we have a spec? Yes
Do programmers have quiet working conditions? Mostly
Do we use the best tools money can buy? Yes
Do we have testers? Yes
Do new candidates write code during their interview? Yes
Do we do hallway usability testing? Yes