Technical Project Manager
We’re looking for a talented Technical Project Manager in Leeds to join the Parallax team. You must have relevant experience in a project management role, a history of successful, significant project launches, a natural affinity for handling customer relationships and a comprehensive understanding of how a digital agency delivers projects.
Location: Leeds, 1-2 days/week in the office
Salary: £30k – £40k
At Parallax we deliver a variety of projects from CMSs through to cutting edge VR and IOT projects and we’re looking for a talented and experienced PM to oversee a wide range of projects from discovery to implementation and beyond.
Skills & Qualities
You must have…
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a project management role
- A strong technical background
- Proven project management and organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and targets
- A passion for delivering outstanding work and a natural drive for quality
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong command of time and budget management
It would be a bonus if you had…
- Scrum and Waterfall experience
- Experience working within a fast-moving agency
- An outgoing nature, comfortable and confident around different people
As a team of highly resourceful and talented individuals, we’ve developed a reputation for using creativity and cutting-edge technology to develop functional and striking work. Our rapid growth over the past few years is credited entirely to our staff – we want you to help us work on even bigger, more exciting projects with our existing and future clients.
We describe ourselves as a digital innovation agency capable of delivering high-spec websites, web and mobile apps as well as IoT solutions and everything in-between, with a high number of reputable brands as customers.
We’ve created a warm, welcoming environment where everyone is challenged yet supported in their roles. We don’t pretend to know everything and are always open to good ideas – you really can make a difference here.
Day to day, you’ll be:
- Managing projects both waterfall and agile from inception to completion, and handing over to application management.
- Developing comprehensive project plans, which allow you to deliver against the scope, budget and timeline agreed.
- Planning and monitoring resources to effectively service them.
- Monitor project progress, providing useful feedback and updates to clients and internal team members
- Translating the design and discovery documents into clear briefs for development and QA input and approval.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Developing strategic and commercial insight
- Managing client expectations
You’ll be good at and enjoy:
- Getting the most out of a project team through effective planning and management.
- Gaining commercial awareness and understanding of how our clients’ businesses operate so you can get under the skin and make them better.
- Bupa Select – top tier healthcare
- Flexible working hours
- Partial remote working
- You spec it, we’ll buy it equipment
- Matched pension – you pay into it, we match your contribution on top of your normal salary
- Opportunity to grow and time to develop new skills
- Great working conditions with a relaxed and fun atmosphere
- Forward thinking company with a positive attitude
- The chance to have a tangible effect on how the company grows
- Company socials & events (when we’re allowed!)
Also, pick two streaming services on us.