Parallax are a digital innovation agency. We build advanced products and applications using the latest technology to improve businesses all over the world.
Location: Leeds City Centre
Salary: No limit, based on experience and skill set
Are you a developer wanting to work on an exciting product that’s using the latest and greatest technology stack currently floating around? Read on…
While there will be some agency client work to do, your day-to-day role will have a focus on development of a top-secret product we’re working on at the moment as well as further development on Expose, our content management system.
What’s Parallax all about?
Two of our Directors work every day as part of the development team. We do regular hack-days, we provide accredited training and we place a big focus on professional development.
We use source control, automated testing and we firmly believe in doing things the right way.
It’s a fun place to work, we have lovely solid wood desks, 27” iMacs as standard, games consoles and even beer on tap.
We’re one of the front-runners in the agency/tech world, especially in Leeds, running things like the Amazon Web Services User Group and frequent speaking gigs at tech events around the city.
A bit about you:
We’re the kind of company that work with people, not CVs. If you’re not totally up to speed with every one of the following, don’t worry – we’re good at seeing potential in people and if you’ve got the right attitude for the job, we want to work with you.
Things we’d really like you to have or be good at:
- Good level of core PHP ability
- Experience working within a PHP MVC framework, ideally with Laravel or another similar framework such as Symfony
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs
- Understanding of and ability to apply core SOLID concepts of OOP programming
- MySQL knowledge, basic schema design
Bonus points for:
- Laravel 5 experience
- Experience writing unit tests and test driven development
- Experience writing RESTful APIs
- CSS/SASS knowledge
Why else should you work at Parallax?
Work shouldn’t be a necessary evil. Here are some things we do to make work fun:
- Flexible working hours
- High spec 27” iMac
- Opportunity to grow and time to develop new skills
- Great working conditions with a relaxed and fun atmosphere
- Young forward thinking company with a positive attitude
- The chance to actually have a tangible effect on how the company progresses and grows
- Given the responsibility to work independently
- City centre office with good transport links & great local amenities
- Company meals & events
- Occasional office FIFA competitions & games consoles
- Company 5-a-side football team
- Great social environment – everyone is friends here, we do a lot of things outside work hours
We think you’ll love it here.